Queen Victoria and her family: a composition carte de visite. Photograph.
Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
You can use this work for any purpose, including commercial uses, without restriction under copyright law. You should also provide attribution to the original work, source and licence.
Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) terms and conditions https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
Selected images from this work
About this work
Photographs of fourteen members of the British Royal family, photographed and composed to form a single carte de visite photograph with cartouches giving their names and dates. In the centre, Queen Victoria as a widow; below her, a roundel of Albert Prince Consort; above her, Prince Alfred; above him, Princess Beatrice. Upper left, Princess Victoria as Princess Royal with above her a roundel of her husband Prince Frederick of Prussia; upper right, Princess Alice with above her a roundel of her husband Prince Louis of Hesse. On either side of the Queen, (left) Alexandra Princess of Wales and (right) Albert Edward Prince of Wales. Bottom row (left) Prince Leopold and Princess Louise, (right) Princess Helena and Prince Arthur
Wellcome Library no. 15127i
- Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901.
- Albert, Prince Consort, consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861.
- Alfred, Prince, Duke of Edinburgh, 1844-1900.
- Beatrice, Princess Henry of Battenberg, 1857-1944.
- Frederick III, German Emperor, 1831-1888.
- Ludwig IV, Grand Duke of Hesse-Darmstadt, 1837-1892.
- Victoria, Empress, consort of Frederick III, German Emperor, 1840-1901.
- Alice, Grand Duchess, consort of Ludwig IV, Grand Duke of Hesse-Darmstadt, 1843-1878.
- Alexandra, Queen, consort of Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1844-1925.
- Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1841-1910.
- Leopold, Prince, Duke of Albany, 1853-1884.
- Louise, Princess, Duchess of Argyll, 1848-1939.
- Helena Augusta Victoria, Princess Christian of Schleswig-Holstein, 1846-1923.
- Arthur, Prince, Duke of Connaught, 1850-1942.