Letters to George Newman from Henry Drummond (1851-1897)
- Part of
- Newman, Sir George (1870-1948), pioneer of public and child health care
- Archives and manuscripts
About this work
Letters from Henry Drummond (1851-1897), theological writer and evangelist, to correspondents including George Newman. With letters to Newman from various writers concerning a memoir of Drummond, some by the biographer George Adam Smith (1965-1942).
12 items 1895-1900.
The detailed listing of the letters is as follows:
1. Henry Drummond, 3 Carlton Gardens, Kelwinside, Glasgow, 6 January 1885, to ? ['Dear Sir'], 1p. Ms.
2. Henry Drummond, 3 Park Circus, Glasgow, 16 June [?] 1892 to [George] Newman, 2p. Ms.
3. Henry Drummond, 3 Park Circus, Glasgow, 10 August 1892, to Mr. [George] Newman, 2p. Ms.
4. Henry Drummond, ? Aberdeen, 16 October 1892, to [George] Newman, 2p. Ms.
5/1-2 Henry Drummond, 52 Queen Street, Edinburgh, 26 March 1895, to Dr. [George] Newman, 4p. Ms
6. George Adam Smith, 22 Gardener [?] Terrace, Glasgow, 15 ? [no month, n.y., but probably 1897-8] to [George] Newman] 3p. Ms.
7. George Adam Smith, Oxford, 6 June 1898, to Mr. [George] Newman, 3p. Ms.
8. William Smith Greenfield, 7 Heriot Row, 23 October 1895, to Dr. [George] Newman, 1p Ms.
9. A.H. Freeland Barbour, Earl's Court, Tunbridge Wells, n.d. , to [George] Newman, 3p.Ms.
10. Margaret Barbour, 4 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh, 22 April 1897, to Dr.[George] Newman, 3p. Ms.
11. Charlotte Barbour, Bonskeid, Pitlochry, 22 March 1900, to Mr [George] Newman, 3p. Ms.
12. George Gordon, Lord Hobb [later 2nd Marquis of Aberdeen and Temair], The Scores, St Andrews, 19 March, n..p1897-8], to Dr. [George] Newman, 4p. Ms.