A palatial building representing the Academia Caesareo-Leopoldina Naturae Curiosorum, surmounted by a coat of arms; two seated figures in the foreground. Engraving by J.G. Pintz, 17--.
- Pintz, Johann Georg, 1697-1767 or 1768.
Selected images from this work
About this work
Centre, a statue of many-breasted Nature. Left, a man with a candle and the sun (representing physica?); right, a man with the staff of Aesculapius (Hippocrates? representing medicine). The staff of Aesculapius has the snake's head at the bottom
The coat of arms includes a Habsburg double-headed eagle above the shield, presumably of the Academy's patron at the time; it appears to differ from the shield of Karl VI (emperor 1711–1740)
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores