HOLLOWAY SANATORIUM, EGHAM: RECORDS OF THE HOSPITAL
- 1885 - 1980
- Archives and manuscripts
About this work
The records include committee minutes, financial records, male and female case books and other patients' records, nursing records, ward diaries, staff records and visitors book.
1885 - 1980
The Holloway Sanatorium, St. Anne's Heath, Virginia Water, Egham, was founded by Thomas Holloway, patent medicine manufacturer, as a registered hospital for the cure and care of mental invalids of the middle and upper classes. The sanatorium opened in 1885 and closed in 1981. It had a branch at Canford Cliffs, Bournemouth, Dorset.
For further records of the Sanatorium, 1853 - 1950, including building records, 1871 - 1948, and personal papers of Thomas Holloway, 1853 - 1883, see 2620, 3237 and 3289
Open and available at Surrey History Centre, Woking. Some of the material in this collection is restricted in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
The normal closure periods for hospital records apply; all papers containing personal information are closed for 100 years.
Where to find it
Location of original
The original material is held at Surrey History Centre, Woking. This catalogue is held by the Wellcome Library as part of The Mental Health Archive digitisation project.