Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
City of Oxford: from Henley Road with a panoramic view of the colleges and churches. Etching by J. Whessell, 1821, after himself.
- Whessell, J., active 1820-1825.
Public Domain Mark
You can use this work for any purpose without restriction under copyright law.
Public Domain Mark (PDM) terms and conditions https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0
Selected images from this work
About this work
1 print : etching ; image 9.2 x 16.2 cm
Oxford, from the Henley Road. J. Whessell delt. et sculpt. 1821. ...
Lettering continues: "Merton coll. All Saints Ch. St. Mary's Ch. Radcliffe's Liby. The schools. All Souls' Towers. Queen's Coll. New Coll. Tower. Magn. Hall. Magn. Coll. Magn Bridge. St. Clement's Ch."
Bears number: 31
Wellcome Library no. 21153i
- Universities and colleges
- City churches
- Oxford (England)
- University of Oxford
- Merton College
- All Souls College (University of Oxford)
- Church of St. Mary the Virgin (Oxford, England)
- Radcliffe Camera (Oxford, England)
- Queen's College (University of Oxford)
- Magdalen College (University of Oxford)
- New College (University of Oxford)
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores