Three despairing women, one of whom looks disapprovingly at three quack medicine vendors concocting a mixture; representing Britain's economic depletion and distress at the hands of her politicians. Etching by W. Heath, 1830.
- Heath, William, 1795-1840.
- 1 March 1830
Selected images from this work
About this work
In the background is a crowd of revelling quacks, some of them proclaiming they can cure Britannia's ills, perhaps referring to the Opposition
- Quacks and quackery
- FlagsGreat Britain.
- Great Britain
- Peel, Robert, 1788-1850.
- Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, Duke of, 1769-1852.
- Eldon, John Scott, Earl of, 1751-1838.
- Lyndhurst, John Singleton Copley, Baron, 1772-1863.
- Brougham and Vaux, Henry Brougham, Baron, 1778-1868.
- Burdett, Francis, 1770-1844.
- Scarlett, James, Sir, 1769-1844.
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores