Charles James Fox, dangerously ill, visited by an entourage of interested factions; representing the social and ministerial conflict surrounding him. Coloured etching by J. Gillray, 1806.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815.
- 28 July 1806
About this picture
The persons shown are listed below in this catalogue record, starting from the left
[London] (27 St. James's Street) : H. Humphrey, 28 July 1806.
1 print : etching, with watercolour ; platemark 26 x 36.3 cm
Visiting the sick. Js. Gillray fect.
- Catholic emancipation.
- Administrative and political divisions.
- Visiting the sick.
- Costume |Great Britain –19th century
- House furnishings |Great Britain –19th century
- Great Britain.
- Fox, Elizabeth Bridget, active 1806.
- Stanley, Edward Henry, Earl of Derby, active 1806-1834.
- Buckingham and Chandos, Richard Temple Nugent Brydges Chandos, Duke of, 1776-1839.
- Buckingham, George Nugent Temple Grenville, Marquess of, 1753-1813.
- Grenville, William Wyndham Grenville, Baron, 1759-1834.
- Lansdowne, Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marquess of, 1780-1863.
- Windham, William, 1750-1810.
- Hastings, Francis Rawdon-Hastings, Marquess of, 1754-1826.
- William IV, King of Great Britain, 1765-1837.
- Fitzherbert, Maria Anne, 1756-1837.
- Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806.
- O'Beirne, Thomas Lewis, 1748?-1823.
- Sheridan, Richard Brinsley, 1751-1816.
- Grey, Charles Grey, Earl, 1764-1845.
- Sidmouth, Henry Addington, Viscount, 1757-1844.
Where to find it
You can use this work for any purpose, including commercial uses, without restriction under copyright law. You should also provide attribution to the original work, source and licence.
Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) terms and conditions https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0