Boer War: The Duke of Connaught raising the Union Jack on the masthead of a hospital ship, an official Committee and line of soldiers in attendance. Gouache painting by F. Dickinson after D. Macpherson, 1899.
- MacPherson, Douglas, 1871-1951
About this picture
1 painting : gouache, with pencil
The Duke of Connaught raising the Union Jack on the "Maine" ... drawn by F. C. Dickinson from a sketch by D. MacPherson
- Flags |Great Britain.
- Rites and ceremonies.
- Masts and rigging.
- South African War, 1899-1902.
- Hospital ships.
- Hospitals, Naval and marine.
- Kings and rulers.
- Louise, Princess, Duchess of Argyll, 1848-1939.
- Arthur, Prince, Duke of Connaught, 1850-1942.
- Louise Margaret Alexandra Victoria Agnes, Princess, Duchess of Connaught and of Stratheam, 1860-
Where to find it
You can use this work for any purpose, including commercial uses, without restriction under copyright law. You should also provide attribution to the original work, source and licence.
Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) terms and conditions https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0