Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
The Gothic body : sexuality, materialism, and degeneration at the fin de siècle / Kelly Hurley.
- Hurley, Kelly.
About this work
Also known as
Sexuality, materialism, and degeneration at the fin de siècle
Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2004.
xii, 203 pages ; 24 cm.
1st pbk. ed.
First published 1996.
Transferred to digital printing 2004.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 191-199) and index.
Electronic text and image data. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University of Michigan, Michigan Publishing, 2016. Includes both TIFF files and keyword searchable text. ([ACLS Humanities E-Book]) Mode of access: Intranet.
- English fiction |19th century –History and criticism
- Gothic revival (Literature) |Great Britain –History –19th century
- Literature and society |Great Britain –History –19th century
- Literature and science |Great Britain –History –19th century
- Horror tales, English |History and criticism
- Degeneration in literature
- Human body in literature
- Materialism in literature
- Sex in literature