Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.

Reopening Ceremony

Date
14 Oct 1914
Reference
WA/HMM/RE/B
Part of
Wellcome Historical Medical Museum and Library
  • Archives and manuscripts
  • Online

About this work

Description

The Museum was closed in November 1925 for reorganisation, when several sections were expanded, including the War and Lister Sections, and new ones developed. Layout, lighting and display cases were also improved. The re-opening took place on 14 Oct 1926, when the new illustrated catalogue was issued to guests, with an introduction about the history and purpose of the Museum. Sir Humphrey Rolleston presided over the opening ceremony, as Henry Wellcome was in America on the date of the re-opening, and sent his greetings by telegram. A typed report of the proceedings was produced, with transcripts of the speeches.

Publication/Creation

14 Oct 1914

Physical description

8 files

Acquisition note

WHMM

Permanent link