Aetius of Amida, Tetrabiblon, books 9-15
- 16th century
- Archives and manuscripts
About this work
Written in the same handwriting throughout, much contracted, with headings and capitals in red. The date would appear to be 16th century. The pages are watermarked with a grappling-iron within a ring, surmounted by a star.
1. ff. 1r-52v. Book 9. On the stomach, intestines and internal diseases. 51 chapters.
2. ff. 52v-81v. Book 10. Diseases of the liver and spleen, dropsy, etc. 32 chapters.
3. ff. 81v-110v. Book 11. Diabetes, and affections of the kidneys, bladder and penis. 35 chapters.
4. ff. 110v-149r. Book 12. Gout, arthritis and diseases of the joints. 48 chapters.
5. ff. 149r-208v. Book 13. Bites of human beings and animals, and poisons. 133 chapters.
6. ff. 208v-276r. Book 14. Diseases of the rectum and genitalia, ulcers, abscesses, etc. 87 chapters.
7. ff. 276r-316r. Book 15. Tumours and swellings. 43 chapters.