The Chapel Royal, St. James's Palace, London. Engraving by W. Wise after R. B. Schnebbelie, 1816.
- Schnebbelie, Robert Blemmel, -approximately 1849
- 11 October 1816
Selected images from this work
About this work
The hospital of St James was founded for women with leprosy, in a lonely and desolate spot west of London. It was dissolved in 1532. This chapel was part of the new palace building, erected at the behest of King Henry VIII
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores