Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
Peasant intellectuals : anthropology and history in Tanzania / Steven Feierman.
- Feierman, Steven, 1940-
- , ©1990
Where to find it
About this work
Madison, Wis. : University of Wisconsin Press, , ©1990.
xii, 340 pages : maps ; 24 cm
Includes bibliographical references (p. 311-329) and index.
Electronic text and image data. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University of Michigan, Michigan Publishing, 2005. Includes both TIFF files and keyword searchable text. ([ACLS Humanities E-Book]) Mode of access: Intranet. This volume is made possible by a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Peasants |Tanzania –Lushoto District –Politics and government.
- Shambala (African people) |Politics and government.
- Shambala (African people) |Kings and rulers –Folklore.
- Shambala (African people) |Rites and ceremonies.
- Rain-making rites |Tanzania –Lushoto District.
- Shambala language |Political aspects –Tanzania –Lushoto District.
- Lushoto District (Tanzania) |Politics and government.