An episode in Tristram Shandy: Corporal Trim reading a sermon to Mr. Shandy, Uncle Toby, and Doctor Slop. Etching after L. Sterne.
- Sterne, Laurence, 1713-1768.
- [between 1700 and 1799]
Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
You can use this work for any purpose, including commercial uses, without restriction under copyright law. You should also provide attribution to the original work, source and licence.
Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) terms and conditions https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
About this work
Corporal Trim reading the sermon to Mr. Shandy, Uncle Toby, and Doctor Slop. "(The language is good: and I declare Trim reads very well" quoth my father).
Dublin (32 Dame Street) : Willm. Allen, [between 1700 and 1799]
1 print : etching ; platemark 17 x 26 cm.
Wellcome Library no. 22014i
- Slop, Doctor (Fictitious character)
- Trim, Corporal (Fictitious character)
- Uncle Toby (Fictitious character)
- Shandy, Walter (Fictitious character)
- House furnishings |Great Britain –18th century
- Staffs (Sticks, canes, etc.)
- Costume |Great Britain –18th century