Charles James Fox, dangerously ill, visited by an entourage of interested factions; representing the social and ministerial conflict surrounding him. Aquatint after J. Gillray, 1806.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815.
About this work
The persons shown are listed below in this catalogue record, starting from the left
Visiting the sick. J. Gillray fec.
1 print : aquatint and etching ; platemark 18 x 22.9 cm
Etched version described in: British Museum, Catalogue of political and personal satires, vol. VIII, London 1947, no. 10589
Wellcome Library no. 12202i
- Catholic emancipation.
- Administrative and political divisions.
- Visiting the sick.
- House furnishings |Great Britain –19th century
- Costume |History –19th century
- Great Britain.
- Fox, Elizabeth Bridget, active 1806.
- Buckingham, George Nugent Temple Grenville, Marquess of, 1753-1813.
- Grenville, William Wyndham Grenville, Baron, 1759-1834.
- Sidmouth, Henry Addington, Viscount, 1757-1844.
- Lansdowne, Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marquess of, 1780-1863.
- Windham, William, 1750-1810.
- Hastings, Francis Rawdon-Hastings, Marquess of, 1754-1826.
- William IV, King of Great Britain, 1765-1837.
- Fitzherbert, Maria Anne, 1756-1837.
- Fox, Charles James, 1749-1806.
- O'Beirne, Thomas Lewis, 1748?-1823.
- Sheridan, Richard Brinsley, 1751-1816.
- Grey, Charles Grey, Earl, 1764-1845.
Where to find it
You can use this work for any purpose, including commercial uses, without restriction under copyright law. You should also provide attribution to the original work, source and licence.
Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) terms and conditions https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0