The deadly ideas of neoliberalism : how the IMF has undermined public health and the fight against AIDS / Rick Rowden.
- Rowden, Rick.
About this work
"The Deadly Ideas of Neoliberalism explores the history of and current collision between two major global phenomena of the last thirty years: the spread of HIV/AIDS and other diseases of poverty and the ascendancy of neoliberal economics. The book explains not only how IMF policies of restrictive spending have exacerbated public health problems in developing countries, in particular the HIV/AIDS crisis, but also how those problems cannot be resolved under such policies. In stark, powerful terms, Rowden offers a unique, in-depth critique of the political economy of global foreign aid and health institutions."--Page 4 of cover.
- AIDS (Disease) |Prevention –Finance –Economic aspects –Developing countries.
- Neoliberalism |Economic aspects
- AIDS (Disease) |Treatment –Finance –Economic aspects –Developing countries.
- Public health |Economic aspects –Developing countries.
- Economic assistance |Developing countries.
- HIV Infections |economics
- HIV Infections |prevention & control
- Public Health Practice |economics
- International Cooperation
- Developing Countries
- International Monetary Fund
Where to find it
LocationHistory of Medicine FEJ.U