Postage stamps ephemera. Box 8B.
About this work
Box file containing postage stamps, first day covers and postmarks on medical subjects in acid free sleeves. Stamps are dated with Stanley Gibbons number (where possible). Countries are: Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar. Includes stamps about: Red Cross centenary (1963) and Red Cross surcharge stamps, Red Crescent, brucellosis, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, medicinal plants, smoking, blood donation, blood transfusion, cancer, ambulances, veterinary education in Mexico, cancer prevention, disablility, x-rays, drug abuse, radiography, dentistry, child health, homoeopathy, leprosy and rehabilitation, AIDS, immunisation, malaria, Fondation Raoul Follereau, drug addiction, tuberculosis, poliomyelitis, smallpox vaccination, cardiology, Sir Alexander Fleming, B.C.G. vaccine (Guerin and Calmette), Alexander Wood inventing the hypodermic syringe (1855), braille, family planning, cardiovascular medicine.
- Malariaprevention & control
- Neoplasmsprevention & control
- Red Cross
- Tuberculosis, Pulmonary
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Disabled Persons
- Child Welfare
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndromeprevention & control
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia (Federated States)
- Dunant, Henry, 1828-1910.
- Fleming, Alexander, 1881-1955.
- Follereau, Raoul.
- Keller, Helen, 1880-1968.
- Pasteur, Louis, 1822-1895.
- Schweitzer, Albert, 1875-1965.
- Hahnemann, Samuel, 1755-1843.
- World Health Organization
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed storesEPH717B