Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
Ælfric's letter to the monks of Eynsham / Christopher A. Jones.
- Jones, Christopher A.
- , ©2004
About this work
Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, , ©2004.
x, 255 pages ; 24 cm.
First published in printed format 1999.
Revised version of the author's thesis (doctoral)--University of Toronto, 1995.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 231-240) and indexes.
Electronic text and image data. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University of Michigan, Michigan Publishing, 2016. Includes both TIFF files and keyword searchable text. ([ACLS Humanities E-Book]) Mode of access: Intranet.
- Monastic and religious life |England –Eynsham –History –Middle Ages, 600-1500
- Latin letters, Medieval and modern |England –Eynsham –History and criticism
- Latin letters, Medieval and modern |England –Eynsham –Translations into English
- Abbots |England –Eynsham –Correspondence
- Letter writing, Latin |England –History –To 1500
- Anglo-Saxons |England –Eynsham.
- Civilization, Anglo-Saxon
- Aelfric, Abbot of Eynsham |Correspondence.
- Aelfric, Abbot of Eynsham
- Eynsham Abbey (Eynsham, England)