Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
- RET 1/8/2/13
- Part of
- The Retreat Archive
- Archives and manuscripts
Where to find it
About this work
The Recreation Room was a purpose built extension at the front of the Retreat, opened in 1909 after the demolition of the old Medical Superintendents house on the site. Photographs are arranged in 3 parts.