A vindication of the Appendix to the Sober remarks. Being a reply to some animadversions upon it, in the Appendix to the Defence of the Modest proof. Wherein the Ruling and ordaining power of Congregational bishops, or presbyters, is further defended. In a second letter to a friend. [One line from Proverbs]
- Foxcroft, Thomas, 1697-1769.
- MDCCXXV. 
About this work
Boston in N.E. : Printed for S. Gerrish, and sold at his shop, MDCCXXV. 
,59,p. ; 80.
Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Checkley, John, 1680-1754. Animadversions upon two pamphlets ...
- Checkley, John, 1680-1754. Defence of a book lately re-printed at Boston, entituled, A modest proof.
- Checkley, John, 1680-1754. Modest proof of the order and government settled by Christ and his apostles in the church.
- Foxcroft, Thomas, 1697-1769. Ruling & ordaining power of Congregational bishops.
- Wigglesworth, Edward, approximately 1693-1765. Sober remarks.