We lend material from our collections to museums and galleries in the UK and worldwide, and welcome enquiries from all institutions, big or small. We are always happy to discuss potential loans and answer any questions you might have.
At a glance
- To find items in our collection, please search our collections.
- We require a minimum of nine months’ notice for all requests.
- We usually lend a maximum of ten items per loan.
- We don’t charge a loan fee, but you will need to cover any direct costs arising from the loan.
- We will ask for a facilities report and environmental readings for the space in which you will display our loans.
- We are working hard to be more environmentally sustainable, and this will be a consideration when we assess your loan request.
- We will also consider access, diversity and inclusion when assessing loan requests. We aim to take a respectful and inclusive approach to our collections’ display and interpretation, and encourage our borrowers to do the same.