We can’t wait to welcome you back from 7 October. To make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible, we’ve made a few changes. You will need a ticket to enter the building.
Plan your visit
- ‘Being Human’ permanent gallery, the Reading Room, café, and library are open from 7 October.
- ‘Medicine Man’ will be open from 10 November.
- Installations ‘Standardized Patient’ and ‘The Den’ will be open from 10 November.
Wellcome Collection is open Tuesday–Sunday, 10.00–17.00, and until 19.00 on Thursdays.
Facilities and access
- All our toilets are open as usual.
- There are accessible toilets on every floor and a Changing Places toilet on the ground floor.
- You’ll find accessible step-free routes to all of our exhibits, with priority use of the lifts.
- Please bring your own headphones with a standard jack to listen to audio exhibits.
- Shared accessible resources, like magnifiers and large-print guides, are still available, but our team are collecting and cleaning them between each use. If you’d like to use them, just ask.
- There might be queues from time to time. If queuing is not accessible for you, please speak to a member of staff and we can make alternative arrangements with you.
Storing your belongings
- Items larger than standard airline carry-on luggage cannot be brought into the galleries.
- You can use the lockers on level 0 to store belongings.
- Some of the lockers are large enough for fold-up bicycles or fold-up scooters; however, we won’t be able to store luggage.
- Library users will still be able to bring laptops, pencils and study materials into the library in clear plastic bags.
- There is a buggy drop-off inside the building on arrival.
Please plan your journey in advance, especially if you’re using public transport. Find out the best way to get to us by Tube or train with Transport for London’s Journey Planner.
Tours and events
There currently aren’t any daily guided tours of exhibitions and galleries including Access or Perspective Tours.
All our events are currently online. Find out more about what’s on.
Keeping you safe
We’ve made a few changes to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
What you need to do
Only book for your household or bubble
Please only book to attend or enter the building with people from your household or support bubble.
Clean your hands regularly
As well as our usual hand-washing facilities, you’ll find hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the museum and library.
Wear a face covering
Keep your nose and mouth covered, unless you’re exempt.
Keep your distance
Please stay two metres away from people not in your household or bubble.
Stay at home if you have Covid-19 symptoms
If you have a temperature or any other Covid-19 symptoms, please stay at home.
How we’re keeping you safe
- Limiting the number of visitors each day with a free ticketing system. Book your ticket.
- Taking extra care with increased cleaning.
- Providing hand-sanitiser dispensers.
- Providing our staff with personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Marking signposted routes around the building to help you explore with plenty of space.
- Cleaning our accessible resources regularly.
- Spreading out café seating and serving pre-packed food.
- Quarantining books in the library and Reading Room.
- Removing shared headphones on audio exhibits. Instead you will be able to use your own earphones, which have a standard jack.
- Providing optional mask-exempt badges from Euan’s Guide.
- Participating in NHS Track and Trace through our online booking form.