Red Cross ephemera. box 1.
About this work
Box file containing items of ephemera in acid free sleeves. Includes: a set of 6 Edmund Dulac gummed stickers (Evening News Red Cross Fund), 2 gummed stickers (Frank Brangwyn for the Daily Mail Red Cross Fund, Evening News Red Cross Fund), British Red Cross Society (Scottish Branch), Croce Rossa Italiana (1915), Croix Rouge Française (Union des Femmes de France - ca.1915), a certificate from Denbighshire Education Authority (circa 1910) with a colour engraving of Florence Nightingale ministering to wounded soldiers (EPH464:9), a set of 13 WW1 fundraising stamps (Association des dames françaises) featuring French military men (originally issued, joined together, as a set in a booklet. See Wellcome Library pamphlet : P9159), 2 Greek Red Cross fund rasing stamps (1915-1924), 3 Bamforth postcards of Red Cross nurses ("Queen of the Earth, 1-3), a 1945 horse racing programme (in Italy?) at the 02E tented camp (proceeds to be donated to Red Cross), a set of 1949 charity stamps commemorating the French Red Cross (1864-1949) and its founders: Gustave Moynier, Théodore Maunoir, Henri Dunant, Général G.-H. Dufour and Louis Appia, 'Sestra Máry', jđe z rekvisice' (postcard : Red Cross nurse with umbrella : Prague), "The patient is not yet out of danger" (Red Cross Nurse and man in wheelchair : postcard : 1917?), The American Red Cross (United States pictorial envelope, December 30 1944), American national Red Cross Christmas seals (collector's sheet with seals : 1907-1916), 4 part appeal letter for donations (inserted in copies of the Radio Times, 8 October 2008), a 1979 8f (+3f) stamp from Belgium for the Jeunes Secouristes of the Croix Rouge, Christmas cards featuring Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, Charles and Anne (ca.1955) and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, souvenir rotaglio print 'stamps' commemorating the 1940 Stamp Centenary Exhibition at Lancaster House, London (sold in aid of the Lord mayor's Red Cross and St. John's Fund), War organisation of the British Red Cross and Order of St. John (message sent from Oldham to occupied Guernsey, 1943), Croix-Rouge française (1946 postcard, with tuberculosis fund-raising seal, 1933), June 1945 Portrait of H.R.H The Duke of Gloucester and 'letter' (Government House, Canberra) in thanks for help given in the Penny-a-week Fund for the Red Cross & St. John to help "our sick, wounded and prisoners of war", 4 stamps issued by the Hellbrun displaced persons camp (near Salzburg) during / after WW2 with a surcharge to help children (inter-camp postal service?), American National Red Cross (life saving card, 1942), recruiting cards and leaflets (2009), 3 greetings cards (2010s?) showing old Red Cross posters, American Red Cross (certificate of service : 1945), fund raising concert programme at 'Mytten' (27 December 1916), pattern for a Red Cross Society night shirt, Red Cross flag day, British Red Cross Society medical loan depot (Purley Branch), food parcels for prisoners of war (1940s).
- World War, 1914-1918
- World War, 1939-1945
- Refugee camps
- Prisoners of war
- Emergency Medical Services
- First Aid
- Fund Raising
- Breast Feeding
- Transportation of Patients
- Great Britain
- United States
- Denbighshire (Wales)
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- Nightingale, Florence, 1820-1910
- Dulac, Edmund, 1882-1953
- Moynier, Gustave, 1826-1910.
- Maunoir, Théodore (Théodore-David-Eugène), 1806-1869.
- Dunant, Henry, 1828-1910.
- Dufour, Guillaume Henri, 1787-1875.
- Appia, P. L. (P. Louis), 1818-1898.
- Brangwyn, Frank, (1867-1956)
- Poincaré, Raymond, 1860-1934.
- Military Nursing.
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- British Red Cross Society
- British Red Cross Society. London Branch
- British Red Cross Society. Scottish Branch
- British Red Cross Society. Edmonton Division
- British Red Cross Society. Southgate Division
- British Red Cross Society. Powys County Branch
- British Red Cross Society. Purley Branch
- British Red Cross Society. Norfolk Branch
- British Red Cross Society. West Riding of Yorkshire Branch
- British Red Cross Society. Voluntary Aid Detachment. Selection Board
- Croix-Rouge française
- American Red Cross
- Croix-Rouge française
- Association des dames françaises
- Comité de Secours de Maine et Loire
- Deutsches Rotes Kreuz (Germany : West)
- Österreichische Gesellschaft vom Roten Kreuze
- Österreichisches Rotes Kreuz
- Hackney & Stoke Newington Red Cross Hospital
- Dansk røde kors
- Joint War Organisation
- Union des femmes de France
- Knights of Malta
- American National Red Cross
- Denbighshire Education Authority
- Croce Bianca italiana
- Croce rossa italiana
- Tesco (Firm)
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed storesEPH464