Christ and the apostles stand before six large paintings of the Passion. Engraving.
About this work
The six paintings depict, clockwise from top-left: 1. The agony in the garden, where Jesus is illuminated by a bright light while the apostles sleep; a cup stands upon a rock. 2. The kiss of Judas before the soldiers. 3. Peter denies he knows Jesus to a woman while sitting by a fire; Jesus is framed in the background by two soldiers and a doorway. 4. Jesus before Caiaphas, the high priest of the Temple. 5. Jesus before Herod Agrippa. 6. The people condemning Jesus before Pilate
- KissingReligious aspects
- Fear of death
- Fate and fatalismReligious aspects
- Jesus ChristDenial by Peter.
- Jesus ChristPassionRole of Romans.
- Jesus ChristPrayer in Gethsemane.
- Pilate, Pontius, active 1st century.
- Jesus ChristBetrayal.
- Peter, the Apostle, Saint.
- Judas Iscariot.
- Herod Agrippa I, King of Judea, 10 B.C.-44 A.D.
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores