The agony in the garden; the apostles slumber while the soldiers and priests approach. Engraving by J. Sadeler, 1582, after M. de Vos.
- Vos, Maarten de, 1532-1603.
Selected images from this work
About this work
The light in the top-left hand corner is the consoling angel. On the right in the middle distance, Judas gives a sign to the soldiers and priests to wait. John, James and Peter (with the sword with which he will sever the ear of Malchus, a valet of the high priest)
- Fate and fatalismReligious aspects
- Light and darkness in the Bible
- Fear of death
- Syncope (Pathology)
- Jesus ChristPrayer in Gethsemane.
- Jesus ChristBetrayal.
- Judas Iscariot.
- Jesus ChristPassionRole of Romans.
- Peter, the Apostle, Saint.
- James, the Greater, Saint.
- John, the Apostle, Saint.
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores