The lake of Agnano. Coloured etching by Pietro Fabris, 1776.
- Fabris, Pietro, active 1756-1784.
Selected images from this work
About this work
The Solfaterra is in the centre background, the Grotta del Cane is on the right, and the steam bath of San Germano is in the building on the left. The Grotta del Cane was so called because the noxious gases emitted from it were demonstrated to spectators by means of the asphyxiation of a dog