Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
The self-interpreting Bible: containing, the sacred text of the Old and New Testaments. Translated from the original tongues, and with the former translations diligently compared and revised. To which are annexed, marginal references and illustrations; an exact summary o the several books; a paraphrase on the most obscure or important parts; an analysis of the contents of each chapter; explanatory notes, and evangelical reflections. By the late Reverend John Brown, Minister of the Gospel at Haddington. [Four lines of Scripture texts]
- Brown, John, 1722-1787
- M,DCC,XCII. 
Where to find it
About this work
Also known as
Bible. English. Authorised.
New-York : Printed [by Robert Hodge and Samuel Campbell] for T. Allen, and sold at his book and stationary store, no. 12, Queen-Street, M,DCC,XCII. 
 p.,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : ill., 1 map ; 2⁰.
- Brown, John, 1722-1787 |ed.
- Dunlap, William, 1766-1839 |ill.
- Godwin, Abraham, 1763-1835 |engraver.
- Tiebout, Cornelius, 1777-1832 |engraver.
- Rollinson, William, 1762-1842 |engraver.
- Maverick, Peter, 1780-1831 |engraver.
- Doolittle, Amos, 1754-1832 |engraver.
- Hodge, Robert, 1746?-1813 |printer.
- Campbell, Samuel, 1765-1836 |printer.
- Allen, Thomas |bookseller.
Shipton & Mooney, 46383