Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
Oxford: cityscape view from the north. Etching by J. Whessell, 1825, after himself.
- Whessell, J., active 1820-1825.
Public Domain Mark
You can use this work for any purpose without restriction under copyright law.
Public Domain Mark (PDM) terms and conditions https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0
Selected images from this work
About this work
1 print : etching
Oxford from the north. J. Whessell delt. et aquavortis 1825. ...
Lettering continues: "Magdalen Tower. New Coll. The schools. Radcliffe Liby. St Mary's. All souls Tows. Trinity Tower. All Saints Ch. Christ Ch. St Giles's Ch. Tom gate, St Aldates. The Infirmary. The Observatory. Woodstock Road &c."
Bears number: 25
Wellcome Library no. 21156i
- Universities and colleges
- City churches
- Oxford (England)
- University of Oxford
- Magdalen College (University of Oxford)
- New College (University of Oxford)
- Radcliffe Camera (Oxford, England)
- Church of St. Mary the Virgin (Oxford, England)
- Trinity College (University of Oxford)
- St. Giles' (Church : Oxford, England)
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores