Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
The entertaining history of King Philip's War, which began in the month of June, 1675. As also of expeditions more lately made against the common enemy, and Indian rebels, in the eastern parts of New-England: with some account of the Divine Providence towards Col. Benjamin Church: By Thomas Church, Esq. his son.
- Church, Benjamin, 1639-1718.
About this work
Also known as
Entertaining passages relating to Philip's War which began in the month of June, 1675
[Newport, R.I.] : Boston: Printed, 1716. Newport, Rhode-Island: Reprinted and sold by Solomon Southwick, in Queen-Street, 1772.
iv,5-198,p., leaves of plates : ports. ; 8⁰.
The second edition.
Alden, J.E. Rhode Island, 488
Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Indians of North America |Wars –1600-1750
- King Philip's War, 1675-1676
- King Philips war, 1675-1676 |Early works to 1800
- New England |History –Early works to 1800
- United States |History –King Williams war, 1689-1697
- United States |History –Queen Annes war, 1702-1713
- Philip, Sachem of the Wampanoags, -1676
- Churchill, Charles, 1731-1764