A bridge over the river Anio near Vicovaro; high up, left, the monastery of San Cosimato. Etching and engraving by B.A. Dunker and G. Hackert after J. Ph. Hackert, 1780.
- Hackert, Philipp, 1737-1807
- [between 1780 and 1789]
About this work
Left, a man driving a donkey towards the bridge which a traveller on horseback crosses. Next to one end of the bridge are the remains of the Aqua Claudia, the aqueduct which carried water from Subiaco to the Palatine hill in Rome
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores