King George IV and entourage laden with provisions, about to embark from Brighton in the Royal Yacht; representing the extravagant monarch's distressed retreat from England at the time of the Queen's trial. Coloured etching by R. Cruikshank, 1820.
- Cruikshank, Robert, 1789-1856.
- September 1820
Selected images from this work
About this work
The print contains extensive dialogue and annotations
The persons shown are listed below in this catalogue record, starting from the left
- CostumeGreat Britain19th century
- Great Britain
- Gifford, Robert Gifford, Baron, 1779-1826.
- Conyngham, Elizabeth Conyngham, Marchioness, -1861.
- George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830.
- Hertford, Isabella Anne, Marchioness of Hertford, active 1820.
- Castlereagh, Robert Stewart, Viscount, 1769-1822.
- Sidmouth, Henry Addington, Viscount, 1757-1844.
- Canning, George, 1770-1827.
- Liverpool, Robert Banks Jenkinson, Earl of, 1770-1828.
- Curtis, William, Sir, 1752-1829.
- Caroline, Queen, consort of George IV, King of Great Britain, 1768-1821
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores