The psychobiotic revolution : mood, food, and the new science of the gut-brain connection / Scott C. Anderson ; with John F. Cryan, Ph. D. & Ted Dinan, M.D., Ph. D.
- Anderson, Scott, 1951-
Where to find it
About this work
'In this fascinating and accessible book, you'll learn about the microbes essential to brain health and mental balance, from Lactobacillus and Bifidobacteroa, which we ingest as infants, to the Streptococcus and Saccharomyces species now commonly found in probiotic products. Using simple, straightforward language Anderson, Cryan and Dinan - the man who coined the term 'psychobiotics' - explain which gut bacteria matter to your mental health and how to keep them thriving' -- Provided by publisher.
- Gastrointestinal system |Microbiology.
- Digestive organs |Diseases Psychological aspects.
- Affective disorders |Diet therapy.
- Nutrition |Therapeutic use.
- Probiotics |Therapeutic use.
- Gastrointestinal Microbiome |physiology.
- Affect |physiology.
- Mood Disorders |diet therapy.
- Nutrition Therapy |methods.
- Probiotics |therapeutic use.
- Psychophysiology |methods.