St Katharine's Hospital, Regent's Park, London: seen from the road. Steel engraving by W. Tombleson, 1827, after T. H. Shepherd.
- Shepherd, Thomas Hosmer, 1793-1864.
- Dec. 8 1827
Selected images from this work
About this work
This church was originally founded near the Tower of London in 1148. With the building of St Katharine's dock in 1825, the church moved to Regent's Park. "[Ambrose] Poynter was chiefly an architect of churches and country houses. His best-known London work is the Tudor Gothic-style hospital and chapel of St Katharine in Regent's Park (1827)"--Oxford dictionary of national biography. During the first World War Queen Alexandra granted the church to her Danish countrymen