Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
The courtiers' anatomists : animals and humans in Louis XIV's Paris / Anita Guerrini.
- Guerrini, Anita, 1953-
Where to find it
About this work
Chicago : The University of Chicago Press, 
xiv, 344 pages : black and white illustrations ; 24 cm
Anatomists and courtiers -- The anatomical origins of the Paris Academy of Sciences -- The animal projects of the Paris Academy of Sciences -- The Histoire des animaux -- Perrault, Duverney, and animal mechanism -- The courtiers' anatomist: Duverney at the Jardin du Roi -- Epilogue: the afterlife of the Histoire des animaux.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 299-352) and index.
- Anatomy |Study and teaching –France –Paris –History
- Zoology |Study and teaching –France –Paris –History
- Anatomy |education
- Education, Medical |history
- Anatomists |history
- Biomedical Research |history
- Dissection |history
- Anatomy, Artistic |history
- 17th century
- Paris (France)
- Du Verney, M., 1648-1730.
- Perrault, Claude, 1613-1688.
- Académie des sciences (France)