Crimean War: key to the painting of the reception of "Crimean Heroes" by Queen Victoria. Coloured lithograph after J. Gilbert.
- Gilbert, John, 1817-1897.
- [between 1850 and 1859?]
Public Domain Mark
You can use this work for any purpose without restriction under copyright law.
Public Domain Mark (PDM) terms and conditions https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0
Selected images from this work
About this work
[London?] : [publisher not identified], [between 1850 and 1859?] (Vincent Brookes)
1 print : lithograph, with three coloured plates ; image 11.4 x 18.9 cm
The reception of the Crimean heroes by Her Majesty the Queen at Buckingham Palace. From the original painting by John Gilbert, Esq. ...
Lettering continues: "This fine historical picture representing an event of great national interest, is a perfect reproduction of the orginal, for which the most careful life studies were made, assisted by photographs of the Queen and Royal family, graciously lent by Her Majesty"
Lettering continues with a numbered list of persons shown
Wellcome Library no. 21323i
- Crimean War, 1853-1856
- London (England)
- Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901.
- Albert, Prince Consort, consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861.
- Victoria, Empress, consort of Frederick III, German Emperor, 1840-1901.
- Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Alfred, Duke of, 1844-1900.
- Arthur, Prince, Duke of Connaught, 1850-1942.
- George, Prince, Duke of Cambridge, 1819-1904.
- Canning, Charlotte, Countess Canning, 1817-1861.
- Macdonald, Lady.
- Byng, Beatrice, -1884.
- Paget, Alfred Henry, Lord, 1816-1888.
- Phipps, C. B. 1801-1866.
- Macdonald, Colonel.
- Drummond, Gordon, Sir, 1772-1854.
- Daniell, Colonel.
- Strafford, Henry William John Byng, Earl of, 1831-1899.
- Munro, William, 1818-1880.
- Buckingham Palace (London, England)