Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
Hellenism and empire : language, classicism, and power in the Greek world, AD 50-250 / Simon Swain.
- Swain, Simon.
About this work
Oxford : Clarendon Press ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1996.
xii, 499 pages ; 23 cm
Chapter 11 on Galen.
Copy 1 Supplier/Donor: Dillons 22500780919
Includes bibliographic references (p. -474) and index
- Greek literature, Hellenistic |History and criticism
- Greek language, Hellenistic (300 B.C.-600 A.D.) |Sociology –Greece.
- Politics and literature |History
- Literature and society |History
- Civilization, Greco-Roman
- Power (Social sciences)
Where to find it