- Chelsea Hospital
- Archives and manuscripts
Where to find it
About this work
Various papers relating to Chelsea Hospital:
1. Instructions issued by Queen Anne to the Commissioners of the Hospital, early 18th Century.
2. Petition of George Campbell, concerning the vacant post of Usher of the Hall; Addressed to Spencer Compton, afterwards 1st Earl of Wilmington, as a Commissioner of the Hospital, 18th Century.
3-7 Abstracts of the accounts of Spencer Compton, 1st Earl of Wilmington, as Paymaster General of the Forces and Treasurer of Chelsea Hospital; Periods covered are 1722-24 and 1728-30.
8. An estimate of the expenses for out-pensioners for the year 1724.
9. Letter from the Duke of Wellington to Queen Victoria recommending Sir Colin Halkett for the post of Governor, 21 Nov 1849.
10. Letter, with enclosures, from William Rawson of Halifax, concerning an out-pensioner, Richard Boyce, who had been deprived of his pension, 1799.