Medical Research, what’s it worth? : estimating the economic benefits from medical research in the UK : briefing document.
- Cancer Research UK
About this work
Following a study published in 2008 which yielded the first quantitative assessment of the economic benefit of biomedical and health science in the UK, this new study was commissioned to develop the methodology and calculate the economic benefits of investment in cancer-related research by the taxpayer and charities in the UK. The results of this study strongly suggest that biomedical research provides a sizeable return on investment.
- Cancer Research UK |sponsoring body.
- Great Britain. Department of Health |sponsoring body.
- Wellcome Trust (London, England) |sponsoring body.
- Health Economics Research Group (Brunel University) |author.
- Office of Health Economics (London, England) |author.
- King's College London |author.
- RAND Europe |author.