Religious procession to St. Mary's Church, Oxford: convocations of the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge. Line engraving by Myers.
Selected images from this work
About this work
Bishops Latimer and Ridley were burnt, on the orders of Mary I, in 1555
- Universities and colleges
- City churches
- Processions, Religious
- Rites and ceremonies
- Violent deaths
- DeathReligious aspectsChristianity
- Academic costume
- Oxford (England)
- Mary I, Queen of England, 1516-1558.
- Cranmer, Thomas, 1489-1556.
- Ridley, Nicholas, 1500?-1555.
- Latimer, Hugh, 1485?-1555.
- Bucer, Martin, 1491-1551.
- Pole, Reginald, Cardinal, 1500-1558.
- Church of St. Mary the Virgin (Oxford, England)
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Catholic Church
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores