A gift for love.
- Johns, Margaret K.
About this work
A Gift for Love is a film about a seven-year-old girl, Judy, finding her mother the perfect Christmas present; she has 6 shillings and 8 pence in her money box. The only problem is that they both live a fairy tale existence with everything they want (according to the narrator, Michael Redgrave). Whilst shopping Judy notices her mother's interest in a lavish designer brooch from New York made of platinum and diamonds. As Christmas approaches, Judy notices a pretty brooch (made of glass) in the window of a shop but is distraught to discover that it is sold already. The kindly narrator intervenes and takes us on a journey to visit one of the makers of the jewellery, Margaret Penrose, a young 'lonely' woman with cerebral palsy, who painstakingly constructs another brooch using a number of aids in her home. As if by magic, the brooch appears on Judy's Christmas tree together with a Christmas card (also made at home by a young man with cerebral palsy, Tony Davey).
- Johns, Margaret K. |film producer.
- de la Tour, Charles. |director.
- Heller, Otto, 1896-1970 |cinematographer.
- Godar, Godfrey. |camera operator.
- Ford, Bernard |camera operator.
- Dawson-Shepherd, Ian. |screenwriter.
- Austen-Hunt, Peter. |editor of moving image work.
- Peach, Mary, 1934- |actor.
- Humby, Amanda. |actor.
- Redgrave, Michael |narrator.
- Penrose, Margaret |contributor.
- Davey, Tony. |contributor.
- Dawson-Shepherd, Ian. |lyricist.
- Dawson-Shepherd,John. |lyricist.
- Stapleton, Cyril |musical director.
- Stevens, Len |conductor.
- Lynn, Vera |singer.
- Libertas Film Productions |producer.