Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
An inquiry into the nature of true holiness. With an appendix; containing an answer to the Rev. Mr. William Hart's Remarks on President Edwards's dissertation on the nature of true virtue: and brief remarks on some things the Rev. Mr. Mather has lately published. Also an answer to the Rev. Mr. Hemmenway's Vindication, &c. By Samuel Hopkins, M.A. Pastor of the First Congregational Church in Newport.
- Hopkins, Samuel, 1721-1803.
- M,DCC,LXXIII. 
About this work
Newport, Rhode-Island : Printed by Solomon Southwick, in Queen-Street, M,DCC,LXXIII. 
vi,,220p. ; 80.
Alden, J.E. Rhode Island, 514
Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Regeneration (Theology)
- HolinessEarly works to 1800
- Hart, William, 1713-1784. Remarks on President Edward's dissertation concerning the nature of true virtue.
- Mather, Moses, 1719-1806. Visible church, in covenant with God.
- Hemmenway, Moses, 1735-1811. Vindication of the power, obligation and encouragement of the unregenerate.
- Hart, William, 1713-1784. Remarks on President Edwardss dissertation on the nature of true virtue
- Hemmenway, Moses, 1735-1811. Vindication of the power, obligation and encouragement of the unregenerate to attend the means of grace
- Mather, Moses, 1719-1806. Remarks on some passages in the piece entitled The visible church in covenant with God