Boer War: Queen Victoria presenting flowers to a wounded soldier during a visit to the Herbert hospital, Woolwich. Halftone after S. Begg, 1900.
- Begg, Samuel, active 1886-1900.
- [31 March 1900]
Selected images from this work
About this work
In the print the queen is attended by Princess Christian and Princess Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein, Sir Arthur Bigge, private secretary, Lady Antrim and Miss Emily Lock
- South African War, 1899-1902Hospitals
- Military hospitals
- Disabled veterans
- War victims
- Visiting the sick
- Hospital beds
- Kings and rulers
- Royal houses
- Woolwich (London, England)
- Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901.
- Helena Augusta Victoria, Princess Christian of Schleswig-Holstein, 1846-1923.
- Victoria, Empress, consort of Frederick III, German Emperor, 1840-1901.
- Herbert Hospital (Woolwich, London, England)
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores