Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
Music hall : the business of pleasure / edited by Peter Bailey.
- Bailey, Peter, 1937-
About this work
Milton Keynes, England ; Philadelphia, PA : Open University Press, 1986.
xxiii, 166 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
Companion vol. to: Music hall : performance and style / edited by J.S. Bratton. 1986.
Includes bibliographies and index.
Electronic text and image data. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University of Michigan, Michigan Publishing, 2002. Includes both TIFF files and keyword searchable text. ([ACLS Humanities E-Book]) Mode of access: Intranet. This volume is made possible by a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Popular music |Great Britain –History and criticism
- Songs, English |Great Britain –History and criticism
- Music-halls (Variety-theaters, cabarets, etc.) |Great Britain.
- Musicals |Great Britain –History and criticism
- Revues |Great Britain –History and criticism
- Popular culture |Great Britain.
- Great Britain |Social life and customs