Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
The whole genuine and complete works of Flavius Josephus ... Translated from the original in the Greek language. And diligently revised and compared with the writings of cotemporary [sic] authors, of different nations, on the subject. All tending to prove the authenticit of the work. To which is added various useful indexes ... Also, a continuation of the history of the Jews, from Josephus down to the present time ... By George Henry Maynard, L.L.D. Illustrated with marginal references and notes, historical, biographical, classical, critical, geographical, and explanatory. By the Rev. Edward Kimpton, author of the Compleat universal history of the Holy Bible. Embellished with sixty beautiful engravings, taken from original drawings of Messrs. Metz, Stothard, and Corbould, members of the Royal Academy, and engraved by American artists.
- Josephus, Flavius.
- M,DCC,XCV. 
Where to find it
About this work
Philadelphia : Printed and sold by Archibald Woodruff and John Turner, no. 17, Chesnut-Street, M,DCC,XCV. 
vi,,8-264,269-700,703-723,p., leaves of plates (1folded) : ill. ; 2⁰.
- Josephus, Flavius.
- Allen, Joel Knott, 1755-1825 |engraver.
- Anderson, Alexander, 1775-1870 |engraver.
- Doolittle, Amos, 1754-1832 |engraver.
- Godwin, Abraham, 1763-1835 |engraver.
- Kimpton, Edward, active 1765-1813.
- Kimpton, Edward.
- Maverick, Peter, 1780-1831 |engraver.
- Maynard, George Henry.
- Roche, J. |engraver.
- Rollinson, William, 1762-1842 |engraver.
- Tanner, Benjamin, 1775-1848 |engraver.
- Tiebout, Cornelius, 1777-1832 |engraver.
- Tisdale, Elkanah, 1768-1835 |engraver.
- Turner, John, 1772?-1857 |printer.
- Woodruff, Archibald, 1773-1845 |printer.
Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.