A wig-seller dressing a wig on a stand in his shop; the wig-stands bear the heads of Tory politicians. Wood engraving by W.C.W. after R. Seymour.
- Seymour, Robert, 179 8-1836.
Selected images from this work
About this work
On the left are John Scott, 1st Earl of Eldon; John Singleton Copley, Baron Lyndhurst; and another. On the right are Wellington, Ernest Augustus Duke of Cumberland, William Pitt the younger, and (falling over) Robert Peel. The wig-seller representing Figaro resembles Lord Brougham
- Figaro (Fictitious character)
- Eldon, John Scott, Earl of, 1751-1838.
- Lyndhurst, John Singleton Copley, Baron, 1772-1863.
- Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, Duke of, 1769-1852.
- Ernest Augustus, King of Hanover, 1771-1851.
- Pitt, William, 1759-1806.
- Peel, Robert, 1788-1850.
- Brougham and Vaux, Henry Brougham, Baron, 1778-1868.
Where to find it
Location Status AccessClosed stores