The invisible war : a tale on two scales / created by Briony Barr & Gregory Crocetti ; written by Ailsa Wild, in collaboration with Jeremy Barr ; illustrated by Ben Hutchings.
- Wild, Ailsa
About this work
An illustrated science-history graphic novel exploring parallel experiences during WWI. The story takes place on two different physical scales - the macro-scale, from the point of view of a Victorian nurse supporting troops in the trenches of the Western Front - and simultaneously on the micro-level, from the point of view of the gut microbes which fight to keep her body alive when she contracts dysentery. This fictional story is based on accurate scientific and historical facts, in consultation with academic experts from Australia, France, UK and the USA.
- Human bodyFiction
- World War, 1914-1918CampaignsWestern FrontFiction
- IntestinesMicrobiologyComic books, strips, etc
- Human bodyComic books, strips, etc
- World War, 1914-1918CampaignsWestern FrontComic books, strips, etc
- Imaginary wars and battlesComic books, strips, etc
- Military Nursing
- World War I
- Dysentery, Bacillary
- Shigella flexneri
Where to find it
Location StatusHistory of MedicineFH.AL Open shelves