Find thousands of books, manuscripts, visual materials and unpublished archives from our collections, many of them with free online access.
Search for free, downloadable images taken from our library and museum collections, including paintings, illustrations, photos and more.
The national merchant: or, discourses on commerce and colonies, being an essay for regulating and improving the trade and plantations of Great Britain, by uniting the national and mercatorial interests. To which are added, some considerations on providing for, and employing our useless and burdensome people. In several letters to a friend.
- Bennet, John, merchant.
- MDCCXXXVI. 
About this work
London : printed [by Samuel Richardson] for J. Walthoe, over-against the Royal-Exchange, in Cornhill, and T. Osborn, in Gray's-Inn, MDCCXXXVI. 
xv,,143,p. ; 80.
Maslen, K. Samuel Richardson, 29
Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. (Eighteenth century collections online). Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- CommerceHistoryEarly works to 1800
- ColoniesHistoryEarly works to 1800
- Great BritainCommerceEarly works to 1800
- Great BritainCommercial policyEarly works to 1800
- Great BritainColoniesCommerceEarly works to 1800
- Great BritainColoniesAmericaCommerceEarly works to 1800
- Great BritainColoniesWest IndiesCommerceEarly works to 1800