Cross-cultural comparisons on surrogacy and egg donation : interdisciplinary perspectives from India, Germany and Israel / Sayani Mitra; Silke Schicktanz; Tulsi Patel, editors.
- Mitra, Sayani.
About this work
This book is the first to bring together an interdisciplinary collection of essays on surrogacy and egg donation from three socially, legally and culturally distinct countries - India, Israel and Germany. It presents contributions from experts in the field of social and cultural sciences, bioethics, law as well as psychology and provides critical-reflective comparative analysis of the socio-ethical factors shaping surrogacy and egg donation practices across these three countries. This book highlights the importance of a comparative perspective to?make sense? of controversies and transitions in this highly contested area of artificial reproductive technologies.
- Human reproductive technologyMoral and ethical aspects
- Human reproductive technologyCross-cultural studies
- Surrogate motherhoodSocial aspectsIndia.
- Surrogate motherhoodSocial aspectsGermany.
- Surrogate motherhoodSocial aspectsIsrael.
- Reproductive Techniques, Assisted
- Oocyte Donation
- Surrogate Mothers
- Cross-Cultural Comparison
Where to find it
Location StatusHistory of MedicineTPH /MIT Open shelves