Escaping wars and waves : encounters with Syrian refugees / drawn & recorded by Olivier Kugler.
- Kugler, Olivier
About this work
Based on many interviews, and hundreds of reference photos, Kugler's beautifully observed drawings of his interviewees bring to life their location - a room, a camp, on the road: the stretch of tents on Kos, opposite the stalls selling trinkets to tourists. His reporting of their stories is peppered with snatches of conversation and images of the objects that have become such a significant part of their lives: a toilet roll, the rolling tobacco pouch, the mobile phone. Through Kugler's complicated, intense graphic reportage, we empathise with those whose experiences he records.
- RefugeesSyriaPersonal narrativesComic books, strips, etc
- RefugeesSyriaSocial conditionsComic books, strips, etc
- Refugee campsGreeceKosSocial conditionsComic books, strips, etc
- Refugee campsIraqKurdistānSocial conditionsComic books, strips, etc
- Refugee campsFranceCalaisSocial conditionsComic books, strips, etc
- Refugee familiesComic books, strips, etc
- Refugee Camps
- SyriaHistoryCivil War, 2011-
- Médecins sans frontières (Association)
Where to find it
Location StatusHistory of MedicineJQC.AL Open shelves