Brain-disabling treatments in psychiatry : drugs, electroshock, and the psychopharmaceutical complex / Peter R. Breggin, MD.
- Breggin, Peter Roger, 1936-
Where to find it
About this work
Presents the latest scientific information on potential brain dysfunction and dangerous behavioral abnormalities produced by the most widely used drugs including Prozac, Xanax, Halcion, Ritalin, and lithium. The new edition concludes with two entirely new chapters on treatment--one on how to safely withdraw from psychiatric drugs and the other about psychosocial and educational approaches to very disturbed people, including 20 guidelines for therapy.
- Brain |Effect of drugs on
- Psychotropic drugs |Side effects
- Electroconvulsive therapy |Complications
- Iatrogenic diseases
- Mental Disorders |therapy
- Psychotropic Drugs |adverse effects
- Brain Damage, Chronic |etiology
- Drug Industry
- Electroconvulsive Therapy |adverse effects
- United States. Food and Drug Administration